Thursday, January 22, 2009

Through a Glass Darkly


It's been days. I think I've forgotten how to blog.

I've had some good news on the book front that I am excited about. I started sending out queries again and thanks to my incredible sister-in-law Brodi's advice on query tweaking, I had a positive response.

I sent a query and the first chapter to an agent and she asked to see the whole book! Yea! It's the first time that has happened. A bona-fide NY agent—with a great agency. So the reason I haven't posted is that my book was still in pieces—past, present and the bomber. Therefore, I've pretty much spent the past 2 days writing and editing.

I've decided one thing for sure--it is good that we don't see ourselves clearly all the time. That can be just a mite dangerous, irritating, scary, and humbling. I'm not saying we should live in denial, I'm just saying it's good we don't live under fluorescent lights!

I've just spent the last two days with my book under a microscope. I just about hated every page. Then to add insult to injury I went clothes shopping during lunch yesterday--Yeowza. It helps me keep me on track, I guess.

My mom and dad have these really incredible mirrors. I love them, I try to look in them every time I'm at their house. I think every mirror should be replaced with theirs.

Since I've been looking up scriptures the past two days for my book I thought I'd put one in here too.

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." 1 Corinthians 13:12

I hope to see enough to want to get better, but not so much that I can't get out of bed.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! congrats on the full request. Awesome news. I totally know the feeling- some requests the full, and you're thinking, crap, I have a bunch of things to do on it.

    I can't wait to hear her feedback. (Although I'm sure it won't be for months!)

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get 'em Eden. And, it is about time you blogged again, so welcome back.

    ReplyDelete