Saturday, September 19, 2009

Is Life Worth Living Without Diet Coke?


As a vegan--at least the vegan outlined in the Skinny B. plan (I'm no longer typing the whole name out), I'm not supposed to have soda, artificial sweeteners or caffeine and that makes diet soda a three time loser.

I miss Diet Coke, Diet Coke with Lime, Coca-Cola Zero and TAB! Those beautiful elixirs of popping, refreshing bubbles. Those stimulating morning, afternoon and evening friends. The true and faithful loves. Now that the caffeine withdrawal headaches are gone all I have left is gaping emptiness.

I'm trying to look at the bright side though. I think it's a good thing that I am missing diet soda so much because it makes it easier to do the rest.

This reminds me of when I gave birth to my twins. I had Baby A the old fashioned way but then Baby B got all excited with all the room and decided she was comfortable there. After an hour of lovely labor both the baby and I got a bit stressed and I ended up having a c-section. The c-section pain stopped me feeling any other (delicately vague wording here) pain.

Giving up diet soda this month has been so painful I can't really feel the pain of giving up everything else.

5 comments:

  1. Totally not worth it! Get a new diet plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one strong woman. Maybe not totally sane, but strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply put, no! My life would be in shambles without the wonderfulness that is Diet Coke! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live a life of a boring LDS husband and father. The only way they'll take my Coke Zero away is in a fight to the death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eEditor--I know for a fact that there is nothing boring about you! I am counting the days that I can have my soda again!

    ReplyDelete