Thursday, September 24, 2009

What Were They Thinking?

It has been an exciting week! This Vegan thing is not easy, but I love being able to eat as much as I want of the foods allowed. Plus I feel fantastic.

I went out with friends on Tuesday to a really nice Japanese restaurant and I was sorely tempted--I LOVE sushi, but the restaurant had a vegan plate and I was the first to order so I held fast to the plan and ordered it. To my surprise all of the other women ordered it too!? It was great and all--but seriously--none of them are Vegans. The menu had incredibly healthy choices and they all ordered the vegan bento box?! I was flummoxed. I like grilled tofu (kind-of) but if I'd had choices it probably wouldn't be the first thing I ate.

Does this mean that people voluntarily eat vegan style?

Anyway it was fine and did I mention that I feel fantastic. Yea I do, but (there is always a but) I am sleepy. I'm falling asleep in bed by 10:30. That is unheard of. I didn't think the caffeine was affecting me so much. I haven't been to sleep before 11:00pm in years. I always told everyone, "Diet Coke doesn't affect me at all I can drink it right up until bedtime." Maybe I was wrong (shocker).

It's still the hardest thing for me to do though. The other day I was recycling one of my husband's Diet Coke can's (yes, he is weak--I'm working on the self-righteous thing--it's the only thing I've got!). When I picked it up it was cold, I had in my hands a half-full, cold can of Diet Coke. I want so much to taste its refreshing goodness--but I abstained, for now!

Week 1 Results: 5 pounds!

The weight loss is very encouraging and being off sugar really does make me feel 100% better (I know, I know, I already said that). I can see my ankle bones again. Woot!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Mom! I am super impressed, and glad you're feeling so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I love you no matter how much you weigh though.

    ReplyDelete