Monday, November 2, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake


Yes I have been avoiding you. Here is the beginning of the excuse--2 weeks ago I was going through a stressful period. I was in charge of the Primary Program and I also knew that I was about to be released so I had a lot of things to tidy up. Then last week we had our program and it went great! The kids were fantastic.

The day before the program my daughter had her 16th Birthday Party to which she invited 60 kids. Because if you invite one person of course you have to invite 5 more so that no one feels bad. We made caramel apples, decorated pumpkins, had s'mores by the fire, ate dinner, chips, popcorn and watched a movie. All this before I had to be at church by 7AM.

Anyway, through all of that stress I stayed on the wagon. Good for me!

Then Sunday night came. I was in a blissful state of job well done and rested from a wonderful afternoon nap. Then I started obsessing about my daughter's chocolate Costco cake we'd bought for the party. Puffy frosting and all. (I wasn't obsessing about the homemade marzipan cake I'd made on her actual birthday that would have actually tasted good.)

I let that devil sugar in the door--and it made itself right at home in my belly. I had a piece a cake a day for the next 6 days and I enjoyed any kind of Halloween treat that I passed by.

Yes. by my weigh in date I'd gained 3 pounds.

So stats on the first two weeks of Vegetarian is + 3 pounds. Plus 3 pounds!

So there. Now you know. Will you please leave me alone now!

4 comments:

  1. You are right on Eden....sugar is the devil. I have been seeing a lot of the devil lately. (see big butt story). If sugar is the devil than will heaven not have sugar??? Doesn't seem quite right. Moving forward, as I am sure you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Si--it's a travesty! I just don't understand my cravings!

    Cindy, Dan told me the big butt story--aren't children so sweet. Every time I swim with a particular child they tell me how large my behind is. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a lighter note - I've never received more compliments for a primary program, I just tell them that all my hard work seems to have paid off!

    ReplyDelete