Wednesday, February 3, 2010

William James Quote of the Week

Quote #2

“If you believe that feeling bad
or worrying long enough will change
a past or future event,
then you are residing on another
planet with a different reality system.”


Do you like how William looks today. I thought he might enjoy a more colorful reality system.

I love this quote--I seem to like to live in the future and I often regret things I've said in the past. Hopefully I can just live in the present.

I also use it often with my kids because I have a couple of great worryers.

It also makes me think that William James was a secret fan of science fiction and he too may believe in the existence of a parallel universe. Justifying my view that the world has gone awry!

P.S. Warning!! I am going to be relentlessly upbeat until winter is over.

4 comments:

  1. I love quotes!! Right now I am on a quest for 3 word mottos or quotes. Today's is from Step: 'Keep moving forward".
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one! Plus, you need to blog more consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warning that you are going to be relentlessly upbeat.

    And I love the quote.

    ReplyDelete