I stole it for several reasons:
1. I had never seen one before.
2. I currently have a strange and not altogether healthy obsession with fruit cake.
3. It was small 8 x 2 inches but quite dense at a pound.
4. I have enjoyed many a Hostess treat in the past.
5. I LOOKED AT THE NUTRITIONAL LABEL
I know it is unreadable here but here's the list:
1. 420 Calories per serving
2. 4 serving per package.
3. So every 2 inches has 420 calories for a whopping 1680 calories per package.
4. 72 g carbohydrates per serving
5. 12 g of fat per serving
6. It says it expires on Feb 15, but doesn't give a year -- highly suspicious.
It sounds like that white paste stuff that you put in a 72 hour kit to keep you alive while help is on the way.
Well I ate a small bite.
A very small bite -- see that little bit gone from the bottom right hand corner. It was the worst thing I have ever tasted and I am an equal opportunity food eater--I'll try anything! It took a Coke Zero and a Tab to erase the taste. Too bad I don't have the ability to erase the memory. Was that too harsh?
(I have nothing against Hostess personally--but stick to Hostess Cupcakes!!)