Friday, July 31, 2009

Engineered Nutrition

I wrote this hours before I went out of town almost 2 weeks ago and forgot to post. So I added a little and here it is.

Two weeks. I've made it two weeks. 9 lbs down and minus 7 inches. It works. Of course I've given up food. Yes, it's true. I cannot stand the thought of meat before dinner--alas even bacon. So now I eat engineered food. It's been protein bars for breakfast and most lunches.
You have to know these bars SAVED me, but even in this state I could only eat the ones that had something crunchy in them. Otherwise they were way too pasty for me. I could only eat the Atkins brand bars because other protein bars had too many carbohydrates in them--convenient eh! (the 'eh is in honor of Canada--because I've been in Western Canada all week).
It's strange to actually have no cravings. I have no desire for food. For me that's like saying I have no desire for air. I don't even get hungry. The Atkins diet in the first phase is supposed to have an appetite suppressing effect, I just didn't expect it to be so powerful. I know when I wake up that I need food, but I don't really feel like eating. Weird. Freaky. Even supernatural.
Coming Soon. . .

"The Atkin's Experiment Comes to an End," and "Hello Online Weight Watchers!"

2 comments:

  1. You are a brave person Eden! Are you cheating AT ALL??? What about Recipe Club?? The only time I have ever lost all desire to eat for a long time was right after corrine's birth. It would be 4 in the afternoon, and I would think, I think I need to eat. Weird. It must have been a prolonged period of shock regarding my new status as a mother and adult. HA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't cheated at all, because I'm afraid if I do I won't stop! Of course I will make an exception for recipe club--no matter what diet I am on by then.

    ReplyDelete