Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fad Diet Here I Come - or - Of Mice and Women

Month 4 vegetarian was a sad and sorry experience. I gained 5 pounds.  Yippeee for me! I am currently on the slowest weight loss plan ever. If your looking for excuses (and I always am) I think putting vegetarian right after vegan was just a little too similar to be fun--and this is all about fun--right?

So this month bring on the fad diets! I am doing the "Up Day Down Day Diet," created by a Dr. Johnson. (Link is on the right under Month 5.)  He read the studies on mice that they fed one day and then didn't the next and found out the mice participants lived longer and healthier lives (I don't know about happier).  He took this to heart and created the diet where you eat normally one day and the next eat 500 calories.

I only found out about this diet from my husband who heard second-hand that a very overweight man's trainer used it as a last resort. It worked wonders for him! With endorsements like that who could resist.

I've been on it for almost a week and I've lost 4 pounds, so I guess it does work so far. It's quite a trick to only eat 500 calories a day. Last night at 10:00pm I couldn't resist some Skittles that were resting less than innocently on my desk. I'm still trying to figure out some tricks to make it through the evening hours.

Gasp! I hope Thanksgiving is on an up day!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that was my post that I just deleted.

    The diet sounds interesting...if I were to do it, I would eat 500 calories one day and then 7600 calories the next day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds hard! Good luck Ma, I hope this is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Eden, so this is the ONLY diet you have done that I was even tempted to try. Monday I started. I have to say 500 calories is not much. I weighed myself Monday, and then today (Wednesday) and have lost 4 pounds. Yipee! Only problem...tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to and surpass Monday's weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I meant to say not surpass Monday's weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Cindy. I've had a hard time sticking to it this week. I need to prepare better for the 500 calorie days!!

    ReplyDelete