Sunday, December 7, 2008

Squash Proves "The Secret"

The other day I had a lovely experience watching The Iron Chef, a show I really like especially if Bobby Flay is cooking. He's great, it's like watching a Japanese game show (oops it is an American re-make of a Japanese game show) where there actually is risk of someone getting seriously hurt--but still triumphing. Well, Bobby is always about to get hurt, he slips on the wet floors, almost cuts off fingers and always seems to grab something hot with no protection. Anyway, all of this is beside the point, because the other day the "secret ingredient" was squash. Squash. I like squash as much as the next guy, but let's just say I found it amazing that Bobby managed to make it exciting. (I was sure he was going down a few times--I counted three slips on the floor) He even won.

Okay so here's where The Secret comes in. For the next week I dreamed of spagetti squash marinara, butternut squash soup, stuffed acorn squash, and banana squash topped with caviar and truffle oil. It was as if squash was using The Secret--and yes I made an apple and butternut casserole just so I could get it out of my system.

Squash took over my mind, and I thought that maybe--just maybe if I stopped watching cooking shows and switched to running shows I would no longer crave food but exercise. That suddenly I would go from obsessing about cooking to obsessing about running--or use t.v. for the good of my family and only watch cleaning shows, or best yet achieve world peace through television shows about Gandi and Martin Luther King.

Maybe I didn't prove that you are what you think--but I did prove that you eat what you think!

2 comments:

  1. The next time you feel so inclined to make something you're obsessing about (even if it's squash) - -you know where to find me! :)

    Love the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely amazing how addictive cooking shows are...if I had cooking shows, home makeover shows, sports and Battlestar, well, i would be happy.

    ReplyDelete