Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 6: "To sleep, perchance to dream, aye, there's the rub."

I am still on the wagon, for anyone who cares.  I've made it six days with no TV--even though my daughter had to remind me once that my eyes had drifted to "The Colbert Report" that she had so thoughtlessly turned on while I was doing the dishes.  

I am also still doing well on the eating leg of this journey.  Although I have to admit--the not eating white flour/rice may just be impossible.  I took my daughter up to Logan today to visit her twin (and by coincidence my other daughter) and when I was on my way back I needed to stop for gas, wiper fluid, diet coke and of course something to keep me occupied on the way home. They didn't have the whole grain pretzels I prefer, but they did have regular ones.  So you all may count that as a cheat--I don't, even though that may mean to some that I am fudging--hard pretzels are after all eminently low fat!

Now after that update--I can get to the real meat of this blog.  Yesterday I had the strangest dream.  I dreamt I was watching TV.  I was watching a show that was a mix of Teletubbies and Simpsons.  It was extraordinarily disturbing.  First of all both shows are unnerving in their own special way, but the mix of the two is like watching our hairless cat steal a rib off the dining room table, dis-tur-bing.  In the dream I just sat there watching and I knew that TV was off limits but I couldn't  turn my head.  It was like the dream where someone is chasing you and you can't run away, but worse because I was blowing my goal for the whole year--and I knew it wasn't worth it.  

I woke up mad and relieved.  Relieved that I hadn't failed but angry that I didn't get to watch anything good in my dream!

6 Days Down Baby!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on six days, Eden! I definitely don't count pretzels as a cheat. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brodi - how many pretzels can a person eat without breaking it up with some milk duds or hot tamalies (candy not meal)?

    ReplyDelete